Old 02-06-2008, 12:30 AM
"Rodney D. Myers"

Default MacBook

On Feb 5, 2008, at 5:29 PM, RY wrote:

I mean what type of architecture am I looking at?

On Feb 5, 2008 3:17 PM, Rodney D. Myers <rdmyers.42@gmail.com> wrote:
On Feb 5, 2008, at 4:46 PM, RY wrote:

> To Whom It May Concern,
>
> I wanted to know if I could install Debian on a MacBook using
> Parallel Desktops. If this is possible which package do I use?
>
> Hardware Overview:
>
> Model Name: MacBook
> Model Identifier: MacBook2,1
> Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
> Processor Speed: 2.16 GHz
> Number Of Processors: 1
> Total Number Of Cores: 2
> L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB
> Memory: 1 GB
> Bus Speed: 667 MHz
> Boot ROM Version: MB21.00A5.B07
> SMC Version: 1.17f0
> Serial Number: W87234JHYA4
> Sudden Motion Sensor:
> State: Enabled
>
> Thank You
>
> RY

In a short answer. Yes.

I have done this about a month ago. Installed, from the ISO image(s)
rather smoothly & quickly.

My mistake. i386 is what I used

--
Rodney D. Myers <rdmyers.42@gmail.com>
ICQ#: AIM#: YAHOO:

Ben Franklin - 1759

Old 02-09-2008, 02:01 PM
Mark Clarkson

On Tue, 2008-02-05 at 14:46 -1000, RY wrote:
> To Whom It May Concern,
>
> I wanted to know if I could install Debian on a MacBook using Parallel
> Desktops. If this is possible which package do I use?

The lack of middle-click plus many other little things drove me Mad when
I did this last year, so just to let you know running Debian on MacBook
natively with rEFIt works really well - compiz fusion works perfectly
and the mouse is alot better too (e.g. three finger tap for a
middle-click). It certainly makes the W$nd$ws guys jealous!

Cheers
Mark.