-   -   MacBook (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/48301-macbook.html)

RY 02-05-2008 11:46 PM

MacBook

To Whom It May Concern,

I wanted to know if I could install Debian on a MacBook using Parallel Desktops. If this is possible which package do I use?

Hardware Overview:

* Model Name:*** MacBook
* Model Identifier:*** MacBook2,1

* Processor Name:*** Intel Core 2 Duo
* Processor Speed:*** 2.16 GHz
* Number Of Processors:*** 1
* Total Number Of Cores:*** 2
* L2 Cache (per processor):*** 4 MB
* Memory:*** 1 GB
* Bus Speed:*** 667 MHz

* Boot ROM Version:*** MB21.00A5.B07
* SMC Version:*** 1.17f0
* Serial Number:*** W87234JHYA4
* Sudden Motion Sensor:
* State:*** Enabled

Thank You
RY

"Rodney D. Myers" 02-06-2008 12:17 AM

MacBook

On Feb 5, 2008, at 4:46 PM, RY wrote:

To Whom It May Concern,

I wanted to know if I could install Debian on a MacBook using
Parallel Desktops. If this is possible which package do I use?

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook2,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.16 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB
Memory: 1 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MB21.00A5.B07
SMC Version: 1.17f0
Serial Number: W87234JHYA4
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled

Thank You

RY

In a short answer. Yes.

I have done this about a month ago. Installed, from the ISO image(s)
rather smoothly & quickly.

--
Rodney D. Myers <rdmyers.42@gmail.com>
ICQ#: AIM#: YAHOO:

Ben Franklin - 1759

Bob McGowan 02-06-2008 12:23 AM

MacBook

RY wrote:

To Whom It May Concern,

I wanted to know if I could install Debian on a MacBook using Parallel
Desktops. If this is possible which package do I use?

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook2,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.16 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB
Memory: 1 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MB21.00A5.B07
SMC Version: 1.17f0
Serial Number: W87234JHYA4
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled

Thank You

RY

I have done this successfully. You need an iso (file or disk, full
install or netinstall, as you please).

Follow the instructions with Parallels for configuring the emulated
environment, and installing the software. Parallels defines the basic
"hardware" that the Debian system will run on.

--
Bob McGowan