Old 11-21-2007, 06:43 PM
Paul Cartwright

Default CTRL-ALT-F8 doesn't work

On Wed November 21 2007, Florian Kulzer wrote:
> Initially I did not think too much about xorg.conf since your problem
> was caused by an upgrade without configuration change (if I understood
> you correctly). I guess the new version of Xorg is somehow less tolerant
> towards ill-defined configuration settings.

well yes and no.. the upgrade caused me to redo xorg, because I have the
NVIDIA card.. and I DID have this problem once before, but it went away.
Obviously my fooling with the envy/nvidia settings changes xorg.conf but I
never manually changed the keyboard settings, so it is one of those
configuration applications that does it. The ONLY thing I change in xorg.conf
is that one line, from nvidia to nv, after a kernel update, until I can go
back in and redo the driver.

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800