Old 02-05-2008, 04:44 PM
PETER EASTHOPE

Default computer case; was Accessing a TV adapter via my network

Barry,

At Feb 5, 2008, at 2:26 AM you wrote,
"... buying a case until I know that the whole setup works."

So many computers are discarded these days; few
people really need to buy a computer let alone
a case. If friends haven't offered you several,
there should be a steady supply on various loading
docks and back corridors, waiting for disposal.

If postage weren't so costly, I'd mail you one.

Regards, ... Peter E.

http://carnot.yi.org/

Old 02-07-2008, 09:07 PM
Barry Samuels

On 05/02/08 17:44:26, PETER EASTHOPE wrote:
> Barry,
>
> At Feb 5, 2008, at 2:26 AM you wrote,
> "... buying a case until I know that the whole setup works."
>
> So many computers are discarded these days; few
> people really need to buy a computer let alone
> a case.

The problem is finding people who have parts that they no longer want.

> If friends haven't offered you several,

Friends ? :-))

> there should be a steady supply on various loading
> docks and back corridors, waiting for disposal.
>
> If postage weren't so costly, I'd mail you one.
>
> Regards, ... Peter E.

That's a nice thought Peter - thank you.

--
Barry Samuels
http://www.beenthere-donethat.org.uk