Old 02-05-2008, 02:13 PM
Mike McGrath

Default Alpha Banner

Can someone make us a get Fedora Alpha banner that's generic enough that we
can just change it to beta when the beta is out? The bits have landed and
we'd like to place a banner up on the website.

-Mike

Old 02-05-2008, 03:00 PM
Nicu Buculei

Mike McGrath wrote:

Can someone make us a get Fedora Alpha banner that's generic enough that we
can just change it to beta when the beta is out? The bits have landed and
we'd like to place a banner up on the website.

Here is one based on Mo's current implementation of Waves graphic proposal.

Old 02-05-2008, 03:19 PM
Máirín Duffy

Nicu Buculei wrote:

Mike McGrath wrote:
Can someone make us a get Fedora Alpha banner that's generic enough
that we
can just change it to beta when the beta is out? The bits have landed
and

we'd like to place a banner up on the website.

Here is one based on Mo's current implementation of Waves graphic proposal.

I did this one while in IRC and forgot to send it here:

http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/temp/f9-alpha-promo.png (SVG in the same dir)

It uses the yellow glowy color to refer to 'sulphur' but I didn't want
to make any assumptions about the theme. I figure that by the beta we'll
know which theme proposal we are going with, and we can use the same
banner for the beta but add elements from the theme we've decided on.

What do you think?

~m

Old 02-05-2008, 03:39 PM
Nicu Buculei

Máirín Duffy wrote:

I did this one while in IRC and forgot to send it here:

http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/temp/f9-alpha-promo.png (SVG in the same dir)

neat!

It uses the yellow glowy color to refer to 'sulphur' but I didn't want
to make any assumptions about the theme. I figure that by the beta we'll
know which theme proposal we are going with, and we can use the same
banner for the beta but add elements from the theme we've decided on.

What do you think?

Sure, you are right.

Minor observations:
- it is 200x101px compared with the current 200x100px (but this is an
invisible difference)
- converting to indexed PNG will reduce the file size to less than half,
but with a quality decrease (but no worse than the old animated GIF)

Old 02-25-2010, 05:13 AM
Hristo Petkov

Hi,
By the way the term is Countdown to Launch.

Regards