Old 02-05-2008, 12:46 PM
SpamHog

Default List of packages in a stable i386 base install?

Thank you again Douglas!

I'll look at all the packages you find objectionable. Some are rarely
used, of course, but my goal is to put together a rather complete but
fully standard Debian stable CLI-only rescue install, mostly because I
didn't find one, and I generally find such a separate on-spindle
install to be convenient, and I put it into all my boxes.

Now I have a fresh base install ready in a 1-GB "rescue" partition.
Once the list is ready I'll make sure all the packages are indeed
installable, then I'll try to make a metapackage pulling them all in.

Stay tuned...

Old 02-05-2008, 02:11 PM
"Douglas A. Tutty"

On Tue, Feb 05, 2008 at 05:46:57AM -0800, SpamHog wrote:

> Now I have a fresh base install ready in a 1-GB "rescue" partition.
> Once the list is ready I'll make sure all the packages are indeed
> installable, then I'll try to make a metapackage pulling them all in.

I only have two boxes with more than 1 GB total disk space yet alone
room for a spare 1 GB "rescue" partition.

What's wrong with just GRML?

Doug.

Old 02-05-2008, 05:31 PM
SpamHog

On Feb 5, 3:30*pm, "Douglas A. Tutty" <dtu...@porchlight.ca> wrote:

> What's wrong with just GRML?

What's wrong with MS-DOS?

What's wrong with AOL?

:-)

For starters, grml medium wasn't even out of beta last time I checked,
and came with a nice big proviso.

The usual other criticisms apply. Or don't. Maybe.

Only Debian Stable Is Absolutely Beyond Reproach. (c) (tm) ;-)

Old 02-05-2008, 05:31 PM
SpamHog

On Feb 5, 3:30*pm, "Douglas A. Tutty" <dtu...@porchlight.ca> wrote:

> What's wrong with just GRML?