Old 02-05-2008, 02:45 AM
PETER EASTHOPE

Default Flash with Iceweasel in Lenny

Flash movies worked properly in Etch but my Lenny
system refuses to play them. If a youtube movie is
opened this message appears.
"Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an
old version of Adobe's Flash Player."

java-common and various libraries are installed.

Java and Javascript are both enabled in iceweasel.

libflash-mozplugin and the GPL Flash library are installed.

mozplugger is installed.

What else is needed? Will a meta-package solve this?

Thanks, ... Peter E.

http://carnot.yi.org/

Old 02-05-2008, 04:05 AM
"Douglas A. Tutty"

On Mon, Feb 04, 2008 at 10:45:56PM -0500, PETER EASTHOPE wrote:
> Flash movies worked properly in Etch but my Lenny
> system refuses to play them. If a youtube movie is
> opened this message appears.
> "Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an
> old version of Adobe's Flash Player."
>
> java-common and various libraries are installed.
>
> Java and Javascript are both enabled in iceweasel.
>
> libflash-mozplugin and the GPL Flash library are installed.
>
> mozplugger is installed.
>
> What else is needed? Will a meta-package solve this?

try flash-plugin non-free. Downloads the latest adobe flash plugin and
installs it.

You'll need the non-free repository in your sources.list.

Doug.

Old 02-05-2008, 01:56 PM
PETER EASTHOPE

Doug,

dmt> try flash-plugin non-free.

Thanks for the tip.

Googling "siteackages.debian.org flash" finds
that flashplugin-nonfree is available for sarge,
etch, sid and experimental but not for lenny!

dmt> ... non-free repository in your sources.list.

Only 5 servers in North America have it.
I added this line.
deb http://debian.oregonstate.edu/debian/ etch main non-free contrib

After that dselect works as expected.

Odd that that the package is absent for lenny and
that it is on only five servers. Hopefully an
oversight which is fixed eventually.

Regards, ... Peter E.

http://carnot.yi.org/

Old 02-05-2008, 07:24 PM
"Nuno Magalh„es"

> Only 5 servers in North America have it.
Try the rest of the world, i got it to work without any problems.
Well, sometimes i have to dpkg-reconfigure iceweasel 'cos otherwise it
just shows everything blank, but other than that... no problems.