Old 02-04-2008, 09:49 PM
Nate Bargmann

Default Per app GTK+ theme?

Since Audacious was upgraded to version 1.4.x it has been complaining
that the GTK theme engine is broken (gtk-qt engine). While I can tell
the box to never show again, if there truly is some aspect that's
broken I'd like to tell Audacious to use the GTK default theme while all
of the other GTK apps on my system use gtk-qt.

Is this possible? I looked through GNOME's GTK theme documentation but
didn't see anything obvious. Or, is this an all or nothing deal?

- Nate >>

Old 02-06-2008, 11:26 AM
Nate Bargmann

* Andrew Sackville-West <andrew@farwestbilliards.com> [2008 Feb 05 09:19 -0600]:
> On Mon, Feb 04, 2008 at 04:49:55PM -0600, Nate Bargmann wrote:

> > Is this possible? I looked through GNOME's GTK theme documentation but
> > didn't see anything obvious. Or, is this an all or nothing deal?
>
> withuot really knowing the details, I *believe* that gtk apps can each
> read their own gtkrc file. Well, I know that gnucash does at
> ~/.gtkrc-2.0.gnucash. So it's at least worth researching...

I tried both .gtkrc-2.0.audacious and .gtkrc-2.0-audacious to no
effect. The file specified the Bluecurve theme, but Audacious' error
box still reports that Qt engine is broken.

I filed a bug report against the gtk-qt-engine package, so we'll see
where that goes.

- Nate >>