Old 01-04-2011, 11:28 PM
Simon Hollenbach

Default Installation Report, failure to install correctly. How do I identify the Package under which I file my report?

Hi Keith,

I assume u clicked ur way through debian.org looking for a CD-Image to download, so I think ur using Debian 'stable' codename Lenny. You have come to us at the time of harvest The new Debian, now 'testing', codename Squeeze is nearly finished, I recommend u download a testing installer and try from there as you will probably want to update to the latest version in a month or so if u dont.

Here's the package you should file a bug against:

http://packages.debian.org/lenny/debian-installer

Here's a link to the installers I spoke of:

http://www.debian.org/releases/testing/

It may seem a bit hard to find out what image you need, but from there on u shouldnt see a difference...

Its essentiell u confirm that the bug is reproducible. Try with another CD/etc and confirm the MD5-checksum of your downloaded image is the same as stated on the download page. Always waste your own time first...

bye

Simon