Old 01-03-2011, 05:09 PM
Brian

Default PDF viewer which supports scale-to-fit print (aka "lp -o fitplot")?

On Mon 03 Jan 2011 at 15:32:09 +0200, Andrei Popescu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know of a pdf viewer which can print with the option
> "scale-to-fit"? Web searched didn't turn up anything useful.
>
> lp -d printer -o fitplot file.pdf
>
> does what I need, but a GUI is needed for clicky-type users.

As already mentioned xpdf can do this. In ~/.xpdfrc or /etc/xpdf/xpdfrc
have:

psFile "|lp -d printer -o fitplot"

and printing is a mere two clicks away.

Old 01-04-2011, 10:14 AM
Brian

On Tue 04 Jan 2011 at 08:49:23 +0000, Anthony Campbell wrote:

> I don't know about fitplot, but I found that xpdf would not print
> landscape pages correctly; they came out as portrait. But evince does it
> without problems.

Works for me with a simple lpr -PLaserJet-600 in xpdf's print dialogue.
You could look at how CUPS is configured or try the -o option to lp and
lpr.