-   -   xfig font problem (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/471816-xfig-font-problem.html)

Volkan YAZICI 01-03-2011 05:18 PM

xfig font problem

Hi,

xfig was used to work properly in lenny, but after I migrated to
squeeze, when I start xfig, it complains that

Can't load font: 8x13bold, using 6x13

And when I try to write something, it just uses the default font face
(times) with its default font size -- it is not possible to change the
font face and size. Below are some related diagnostics.

$ locale -a
en_US
en_US.iso88591
en_US.utf8
POSIX

$ dpkg -l | grep fonts | awk '{print $2}'
console-data
console-terminus
gsfonts
gsfonts-x11
texlive-fonts-recommended
ttf-freefont
x-ttcidfont-conf
xfonts-100dpi
xfonts-75dpi
xfonts-encodings
xfonts-scalable
xfonts-terminus
xfonts-utils

$ LC_ALL=C xfig -deb
Warning: Missing charsets in String to FontSet conversion
Warning: Missing charsets in String to FontSet conversion
Warning: Missing charsets in String to FontSet conversion
Warning: Cannot convert string "7x13bold" to type FontStruct
Warning: Missing charsets in String to FontSet conversion

Any helps will be really appreciated.

Regards.