Old 01-01-2011, 02:26 PM
"Warwick"

Default Driver problems when installing debian

Hi I have a Samsung R710 laptop. The Debian 5.07 installation DVD (from
download ISO) won’t recognize my ‘Intel(R) WiFi Link 5100 AGN’ nor my ‘Marvell
Yukon 88E8055 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller’. I’ve been doing some surfing
and I understand that it supposed to recognize my wireless under the IWL core
but it doesn’t.
Can you please help me with this problem. I’m currently a WAMP developer
but I want to change over to LAMP.
Sincerely Warwick Weston Wright (web
developer)

Old 01-01-2011, 04:08 PM
Camaleón

On Sat, 01 Jan 2011 15:26:12 +0000, Warwick wrote:

> Hi I have a Samsung R710 laptop. The Debian 5.07 installation DVD (from
> download ISO) won’t recognize my ‘Intel(R) WiFi Link 5100 AGN’ nor my
> ‘Marvell Yukon 88E8055 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller’. I’ve been
> doing some surfing and I understand that it supposed to recognize my
> wireless under the IWL core but it doesn’t. Can you please help me with
> this problem. I’m currently a WAMP developer but I want to change over
> to LAMP.

The wifi driver has been added later, is not available for stock lenny:

http://wiki.debian.org/iwlagn

The wired card should use "sky2" module, not sure if it was included
under lenny :-?

http://wiki.debian.org/sky2

A side note: as Squeeze is going to be released soon, don't you think it
would be convenient wait and install squeeze (wich will be the new
stable) instead of lenny (wich will become the new old-stable)?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón