Old 12-31-2010, 05:41 PM
Filipe Freire

Default lenny to squeeze - key arrows not all working

Hi debians,

near the end of having everything working after my upgrade to squeeze.* One last issue.

My keyboard, non usb, got its standard arrow key shortcuts disabled after upgrade.* Tested with a usb keyboard and there everything works fine but that is not my keyboard so still need to solve this.*

Tried most options with gnome keyboard shortcuts and gconf-editor.* Is this now a limitation form having a non usb keyboard?

Best,
Filipe

Old 12-31-2010, 06:04 PM
Peter Beck

On Fri, 2010-12-31 at 19:41 +0100, Filipe Freire wrote:
> got its standard arrow key shortcuts disabled after upgrade

System -> Preferences -> Keyboard -> Mouse Keys is disabled ?
If the Mouse keys are enabled, the numberblock on the keyboard behaves
strange (imo)...maybe this is also affecting the arrowkeys ?

Cheers
Peter

Old 12-31-2010, 06:46 PM
Camaleón

On Fri, 31 Dec 2010 19:41:00 +0100, Filipe Freire wrote:

> My keyboard, non usb, got its standard arrow key shortcuts disabled
> after upgrade. Tested with a usb keyboard and there everything works
> fine but that is not my keyboard so still need to solve this. Tried most
> options with gnome keyboard shortcuts and gconf-editor. Is this now a
> limitation form having a non usb keyboard?

Any warning/error/unusual message in xorg's log file?

cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | grep -i xkb

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 12-31-2010, 07:25 PM
Filipe Freire

Hi Peter,

mouse keys is disable.* Three of the arrow keys on the numbers keypad to the right of the keyboard are working.* The plain four arrows keys are completely off.* sigh...

But you are right, if I enable mouse keys even those that worked before stop working.

Best
Filipe

Archive: http://lists.debian.org/1293822271.13765.165.camel@peanut.datentraeger.li

Old 12-31-2010, 07:28 PM
Filipe Freire

Hi Camaleón

this is what I get with cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | grep -i xkb

(**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"
(**) Option "xkb_model" "pc105"
(**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"

(**) Option "xkb_model" "pc105"
(**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"

(**) Option "xkb_model" "pc105"
(**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"

(**) Option "xkb_model" "pc105"

Filipe

Archive: http://lists.debian.org/pan.2010.12.31.19.46.46@gmail.com

Old 01-01-2011, 10:53 AM
jp

Filipe Freire <freirefil <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi debians,near the end of having everything working after my upgrade to
squeeze.* One last issue.My keyboard, non usb, got its standard arrow key
shortcuts disabled after upgrade.* Tested with a usb keyboard and there
everything works fine but that is not my keyboard so still need to solve this.*
> Tried most options with gnome keyboard shortcuts and gconf-editor.* Is this
now a limitation form having a non usb keyboard?Best,Filipe

My AMD64 machine had a same kind of problem. X.org didn't like xmodmap and arrow
keys stopped working correctly. I have not that problem with my i386 box.

Old 01-01-2011, 11:57 AM
Camaleón

On Fri, 31 Dec 2010 21:28:16 +0100, Filipe Freire wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 8:46 PM, Camaleón wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 31 Dec 2010 19:41:00 +0100, Filipe Freire wrote:
>>
>> > My keyboard, non usb, got its standard arrow key shortcuts disabled
>> > after upgrade. Tested with a usb keyboard and there everything works
>> > fine but that is not my keyboard so still need to solve this. Tried
>> > most options with gnome keyboard shortcuts and gconf-editor. Is this
>> > now a limitation form having a non usb keyboard?
>>
>> Any warning/error/unusual message in xorg's log file?
>>
>> cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | grep -i xkb

> Hi Camaleón
>
> this is what I get with cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | grep -i xkb
>
> (**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"
> (**) Option "xkb_model" "pc105"
> (**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"
> (**) Option "xkb_model" "pc105"
> (**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"
> (**) Option "xkb_model" "pc105"
> (**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"
> (**) Option "xkb_model" "pc105"

You seem lacking the "layout" for your keybord but dunno if this can make
any difference :-?

Remmeber that in Squeeze you don't need a static "xorg.conf" file at all,
so if that file already exists, try by renaming it and let Xorg server
auto-detect and configure all your input/vga devices automagically.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón