Old 12-31-2010, 04:36 PM
Filipe Freire

Default lenny to squeeze upgrade - printer not working

Hi

just upgraded from lenny to squeeze and the printer is not working.* I manage it via http://localhost:631

jobs are sent and lpq says that they are printing but in cups the printer status is Processing - "Printer is offline."

needless to say eveything was working fine before the upgrade.* Tried restarting cups and lpd but did not make a difference.* The* printer is a HP Deskjet 6500.

Any suggestions, shared experiences are welcome.

Best
Filipe

Old 12-31-2010, 04:39 PM
Peter Beck

On Fri, 2010-12-31 at 18:36 +0100, Filipe Freire wrote:
> jobs are sent and lpq says that they are printing but in cups the
> printer status is Processing - "Printer is offline."

Hi Filipe,

Not sure, but as far as I can remember I had this recently too and
cupsenable did solve this issue...

Cheers
Peter

--
Wer die Freiheit aufgibt um Sicherheit zu gewinnen,
der wird am Ende beides verlieren.

Old 12-31-2010, 05:22 PM
Peter Beck

> On Fri, 2010-12-31 at 18:36 +0100, Filipe Freire wrote:

> > Thanks Peter, it worked.

Hi Filipe,

great to hear that.
btw: don't reply to me directly, reply to the list

A happy new year for you too!
Regards Peter