Old 12-31-2010, 12:21 AM
Johnny

Default USB CD/DVD what's compatible

I am thinking of buying a USB CD/DVD recorder which one would be
compatible. I did a google search, still doing research on USB CD/DVD
recorders. I have not come up with anything yet.

I figured I would ask here.

Johnny

Archive: 4D1D302C.4090605@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/4D1D302C.4090605@gmail.com

Old 12-31-2010, 08:12 AM
Camaleón

On Thu, 30 Dec 2010 19:21:48 -0600, Johnny wrote:

> I am thinking of buying a USB CD/DVD recorder which one would be
> compatible. I did a google search, still doing research on USB CD/DVD
> recorders. I have not come up with anything yet. I figured I would ask
> here.

Just an idea (is what I use to do).

Usually, bigger online shops allow posting comments on their products
(like we discussed yesterday in another thread) and often users provide
feedback about linux support ("it works under 'X' distribution or it
doesn't work at all, etc...").

Amazon is one of the online retailers that provide that option but New
Egg is another one you can try:

http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory.aspx?SubCategory=420&name=External-CD-DVD-Drives

Besides, I find their product filtering options very powerful.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 12-31-2010, 02:52 PM
godo

I am thinking of buying a USB CD/DVD recorder which one would be
compatible. I did a google search, still doing research on USB CD/DVD
recorders. I have not come up with anything yet.
I figured I would ask here.

Johnny

Hi,
I have Transcend TS8XDVDRW-W and he works with my Squeeze/Sid.

--
Bye,
Goran Dobosevic