Old 02-04-2008, 05:10 PM
"Douglas A. Tutty"

Default changine mutt's saved mail from mbox to Maildir

I recently changed from mbox to Maildir format.

Everything works fine: mail delivered to maildir, mutt reads it fine and
will save to new mailboxes in maildir format. However, I have hundreds
(? thousands) of emails in mbox format which I wish to restore in
Maildir format.

Is there a script somewhere to do this?

The reason for the change is a horse/barn-door episode after a power
failure killed /var/mail/$USER. I refer to my saved messages and
wouldn't, for example, to have a powerfailure kill ~/Mail/DU.

Doug.