Old 02-04-2008, 05:09 PM
Bernd Kloss

Default xorg.conf for xinerama SOLVED

Am Sonntag, 3. Februar 2008 19:16 schrieb B_Kloss:
> Etch
> KDE 3.5.5
> Intel 945GM/GMS/940GML
> i810
> Dell Latitude D520
>

> Hello,
>
> I am desperately trying to get the simultaneous video-output running for
> beamer (external) and local display (internal).
>
> I found some xorg.conf's on the net for dual-head or xinerama, but I could
> not get one working with my computer.
> In addition the Xorg.0.log also reports Bad V_BIOS checksum.
>
> Maybe there is somebody out there .....
>
> Bernd

dual-head or xinerama is the wrong solution for that purpose.

i810switch is one tool, but not working properly with the 945GM. You only can
use it once then a restart of the xserver is necessary.

I just changed the device-section as follows:

Section "Device"
Identifier "Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS/940GML Express
Integrated Graphics Controller"
Driver "i810"
BusID "PCI:0:2:0"
Option "AccelMethod" "EXA"
Option "clone" "true"
Option "MonitorLayout" "CRT,LFP"

This produces a clone on the external VGA and is working fine.

Bernd