Old 12-30-2010, 08:18 AM
"Eric KOM"

Default Setting Access Control for Printers and browser

Hi All
Merry New Year!
Please I'm trying to find the software that I can able to set up a Access
Control for the printer and browser.

--
Yours truly,
Eric KOM

E-mail: erickom@namekom.co.za
Websites: www.erickom.co.za | www.namekom.co.za/erickom | www.namekom.co.za

Old 12-30-2010, 08:22 AM
Christian Simo

Hi All

Merry New Year!
Please I'm trying to find the software that I can able to set up a Access
Control for the printer and browser.

Thank you in advance

Old 12-30-2010, 09:19 AM
Camaleón

On Thu, 30 Dec 2010 11:18:53 +0200, Eric KOM wrote:

> Hi All
> Merry New Year!

Same to you :-)

> Please I'm trying to find the software that I can able to set up a
> Access Control for the printer and browser.

Can you expand the information? The more details you provide the better
so people can have an idea of your requirements.

Are you looking for a way to limit your users to your network resources -
like printing facilities or network browsing- or you need something
else... what kind of network have you setup (a mix of windows-linux, just
linux boxes...)?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 12-30-2010, 09:32 AM
Eero Volotinen

2010/12/30 Eric KOM <erickom@namekom.co.za>:
> Hi All
> Merry New Year!
> Please I'm trying to find the software that I can able to set up a Access
> Control for the printer and browser.

printer: cups, iptables
browser: iptables, squid-proxy, selinux, apparmor?

--
Eero

Old 12-30-2010, 09:54 AM
Chris Davies

Eric KOM <erickom@namekom.co.za> wrote:
> Please I'm trying to find the software that I can able to set up a Access
> Control for the printer and browser.

What do you want to *achieve*?
Chris

Old 12-30-2010, 02:39 PM
Christian Simo

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 2:19 AM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

On Thu, 30 Dec 2010 11:18:53 +0200, Eric KOM wrote:

> Hi All

> Merry New Year!

Same to you :-)

> Please I'm trying to find the software that I can able to set up a

> Access Control for the printer and browser.

Can you expand the information? The more details you provide the better

so people can have an idea of your requirements.

Thanks a lot.
I want* to set up the authentication system, so user can login before use a printer or the browser for internet.
It's can be also be able to know who was printing?
*

Are you looking for a way to limit your users to your network resources -

like printing facilities or network browsing- or you need something

Yeah, I'm looking for something to limit my users to the network resources (printing and browsing)

else... what kind of network have you setup (a mix of windows-linux, just

linux boxes...)?

Is a VPN set up with the class C. using Windows and Debian as an OS, and the router DSL

Thank you in advance
*

Greetings,

--

Camaleón

Archive: http://lists.debian.org/pan.2010.12.30.10.19.00@gmail.com

Old 12-31-2010, 10:19 AM
Camaleón

On Thu, 30 Dec 2010 07:39:02 -0800, Christian Simo wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 2:19 AM, Camaleón wrote:
>
>> Can you expand the information? The more details you provide the better
>> so people can have an idea of your requirements.
>>
> I want to set up the authentication system, so user can login before
> use a printer or the browser for internet.
> It's can be also be able to know who was printing?

(...)

For printing, I would review CUPS documentation on policies:

http://www.cups.org/documentation.php/doc-1.4/policies.html

Concrete steps on how to setting up will vary based on how are you
sharing the printer (ipp, samba...).

For network browsing, there are "proxies" like Squid that can be used for
this same purpose (restrict access to web sites by using ACL and
controlling/auditing your users bandwith).

http://www.squid-cache.org/

Greetings,

--
Camaleón