Old 12-30-2010, 03:10 AM
Peter Tenenbaum

Default Netgear WG111 USB wifi adapter works with squeeze / gnome

I recently had to add wifi to my squeeze / gnome desktop.* Based on some reviews I bought a Netgear WG111 USB wifi adapter, and I found that when I plugged it into a USB port on my desktop it worked instantly -- no configuration or package installation necessary.

Is there a repository where these sorts of success stories are tracked?

-PT

Old 12-30-2010, 08:47 AM
Camaleón

On Wed, 29 Dec 2010 20:10:07 -0800, Peter Tenenbaum wrote:

> I recently had to add wifi to my squeeze / gnome desktop. Based on some
> reviews I bought a Netgear WG111 USB wifi adapter, and I found that when
> I plugged it into a USB port on my desktop it worked instantly -- no
> configuration or package installation necessary.
>
> Is there a repository where these sorts of success stories are tracked?

Debian has a wiki, maybe you can get an account to edit/add this useful
data:

http://wiki.debian.org/WiFi#USBDevices

Also, mentioning it here is a good way to broadcast the good news ;-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón