Old 12-30-2010, 12:42 AM
Mike Bird

Default Recommendations for massive dhcp settings

On Wed December 29 2010 17:05:38 Daniel Bareiro wrote:
> I have a network of over a hundred machines in which we are using a DHCP
> server on Debian GNU/Linux Lenny. But the dhcpd.conf file is monolithic
> and unwieldy.

Are you specifying static IPs for every box, and do you need to?

I've got a client's DHCP config here - three VLANS, seven static
IP's for printers and such like, several hundred workstations on
dynamic IP's, ... and it's well under 2KB.

--Mike Bird

Old 12-30-2010, 01:12 AM
Daniel Bareiro

Hi, Mike.

On Wednesday, 29 December 2010 17:42:02 -0800,
Mike Bird wrote:

> > I have a network of over a hundred machines in which we are using a
> > DHCP server on Debian GNU/Linux Lenny. But the dhcpd.conf file is
> > monolithic and unwieldy.

> Are you specifying static IPs for every box, and do you need to?
>
> I've got a client's DHCP config here - three VLANS, seven static IP's
> for printers and such like, several hundred workstations on dynamic
> IP's, ... and it's well under 2KB.

Sorry. I forgot to comment that they are all static IPs for better
control of workstations accessing the network.

Regards,
Daniel
--
Fingerprint: BFB3 08D6 B4D1 31B2 72B9 29CE 6696 BF1B 14E6 1D37