-   -   lenny auto upgrade (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/470314-lenny-auto-upgrade.html)

Filipe Freire 12-29-2010 08:17 PM

lenny auto upgrade

Hi,

I am running lenny, kernel 2.6.26-2, on a desktop.* Yesterday I did a update of new packages and many things do not work afterwards. I started with an installation of new packages (as I often do with new updates).* As things were not working well afterwards I run aptitude dist-upgrade.* At the end I lost the network connection.

Lost internet connection, mounting usb, etc.* The usb has been fixed by providing the UUID of the device instead of the name but I still can not get my network connection to work.

My packages are now a mixture of lenny and squeeze.* I was not aware of the new squeeze release.* I locked at possible solutions to get the networking running but nothing works, including the different squeeze intructions in /etc/network/interfaces but to no avail.

Did anyone had a similar problem?* Suggestions are very welcome.

Thanks in advance,
Filipe