-   -   Does anybody know a PeerGuardian like app? (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/470214-does-anybody-know-peerguardian-like-app.html)

S Mathias 12-29-2010 02:59 PM

Does anybody know a PeerGuardian like app?

Are there any programs blocking ip, and has frequently updated lists, like the peerguardian on windows?

sorry for the question, but i looking for this kind of application :O

Thank you, and a happy christmas!

S Mathias 12-29-2010 03:05 PM

Does anybody know a PeerGuardian like app?

Are there any programs blocking ip, and has frequently updated lists, like the peerguardian on windows?

sorry for the question, but i looking for this kind of application :O

Thank you, and a happy christmas!

12-29-2010 03:08 PM

S Mathias wrote:
> Are there any programs blocking ip, and has frequently updated lists, like
> the peerguardian on windows?
>
> sorry for the question, but i looking for this kind of application :O

No idea what PeerGuardian is or does - I don't do WinDoze - but we run
fail2ban, which blocks an IP address after, um, I think it's five failed
login attempts, for a configurable amount of time (say, two hours, or one
day, or....).

mark

Chad Germann 12-29-2010 03:12 PM

Does anybody know a PeerGuardian like app?

try MoBlock
http://moblock.berlios.de/

Ted Roche 12-29-2010 03:18 PM

On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 11:05 AM, S Mathias <smathias1972@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Are there any programs blocking ip, and has frequently updated lists, like the peerguardian on windows?

I'd never heard of PeerGuardian, so I Googled it. The Wikipedia entry
indicates that an Open Source version is available for Linux:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PeerGuardian

--
Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC

Camaleón 12-29-2010 03:22 PM

On Wed, 29 Dec 2010 07:59:14 -0800, S Mathias wrote:

> Are there any programs blocking ip, and has frequently updated lists,
> like the peerguardian on windows?

Google points to "MoBlock":

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MoBlock
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MoBlock

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Frank Murphy 12-29-2010 03:28 PM

On 29/12/10 16:05, S Mathias wrote:
> Are there any programs blocking ip, and has frequently updated lists, like the peerguardian on windows?

http://moblock.berlios.de/

Frank Murphy
UTF_8 Encoded
Friend of Fedora

Alishams Hassam 12-29-2010 04:16 PM

On Wednesday 29 December 2010 08:05:53 S Mathias wrote:
> Are there any programs blocking ip, and has frequently updated lists, like
> the peerguardian on windows?
>
> sorry for the question, but i looking for this kind of application :O
>
> Thank you, and a happy christmas!

If you just want it for torrents, transmission has one integrated.

You can always use iptables and some scripting to grab ips from corresponding
lists at iblocklist which peer block gets it's list from.

But according to the wikipedia page, there is a linux version at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/peerguardian/
--
Alishams Hassam