Old 12-29-2010, 02:14 PM
Hugo Vanwoerkom

Default saytime kills sound

Hi,

Saytime kills all sound and the only way I know to restore it is to reboot!

hugo@Debian:~$ aplay -l
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 0: VT1708S Analog [VT1708S Analog]
Subdevices: 1/2
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
Subdevice #1: subdevice #1
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 1: VT1708S Digital [VT1708S Digital]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

It could be related to this, a very old showstopper:

Somebody know of an easier way to restore sound?

Hugo

Archive: iffj8u$i8r$1@dough.gmane.org">http://lists.debian.org/iffj8u$i8r$1@dough.gmane.org

Old 12-29-2010, 02:26 PM
Camaleón

On Wed, 29 Dec 2010 09:14:37 -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

> Saytime kills all sound and the only way I know to restore it is to
> reboot!

(...)

Does it happen with any other audio file you play or just specifically
when running "saytime"?

You can try by restarting the sound server service. It could be that the
sound device is being catched/occupied by the application... "lsof | grep
snd" will tell :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón