Old 12-29-2010, 02:05 PM

Default dumb question about blu ray drive configuration and playingblu ray movies etc....

I don't mean to sound dogmatic,

But when will the Multi Billion dollar corporations understand that the harder they go DRM the more they entice people to break it

Nowadays they have to worry about not only people who wish to pirate their media taking a crack at their stuff

You have people who just wanna use what they rightfully paid for in their own way, people whom they've just plain ticked off, or people who just want to break/meet the challenge.

The tighter you squeeze the more that falls through your fingures...

Old 12-29-2010, 06:09 PM
Klistvud

But when will the Multi Billion dollar corporations understand that
the harder they go DRM the more they entice people to break it

Nowadays they have to worry about not only people who wish to pirate
their media taking a crack at their stuff

You have people who just wanna use what they rightfully paid for in
their own way, people whom they've just plain ticked off, or people
who just want to break/meet the challenge.

The tighter you squeeze the more that falls through your fingures...

You forgot to mention the people who got so outraged that they pledged
not to buy any DRM-ed media again. Ever. And I've been an extremely
avid music consumer in my time.

If they continue to pull the string, I may be forced to boycott cinemas
and live concerts as well. It will hurt me more than them, I know, but
it will also be very liberating.

--
Cheerio,

Klistvud
http://bufferoverflow.tiddlyspot.com
me.

Old 12-29-2010, 06:13 PM
"David L. Craig"

Dne, 29. 12. 2010 16:05:01 je teddieeb@tmo.blackberry.net napisal(a):

> You have people who just wanna use what they rightfully paid for in their
> own way, people whom they've just plain ticked off, or people who just want
> to break/meet the challenge.

Well, hopefully many of them are sitting judges, maybe even Supremes.
--
May the LORD God bless you exceedingly abundantly!

"'So the universe is not quite as you thought it was.
* You'd better rearrange your beliefs, then.
* Because you certainly can't rearrange the universe.'"
__--from_Nightfall_by_Asimov/Silverberg________________