-   -   sox and gnome problem (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/470105-sox-gnome-problem.html)

Jude DaShiell 12-29-2010 06:36 AM

sox and gnome problem

A friend has gnome with orca running on debian. He installed sox with all
dependencies aptitude install sox -r <enter> and once done he can't play
any of his media files any more in gnome. I'm curious, what package broke
gnome's ability to play media files when installed?

Archive: alpine.BSF.2.00.1012290232430.82338@freire1.furyyj beyq.arg">http://lists.debian.org/alpine.BSF.2.00.1012290232430.82338@freire1.furyyj beyq.arg

Liam O'Toole 12-29-2010 09:57 AM

sox and gnome problem

On 2010-12-29, Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@shellworld.net> wrote:
> A friend has gnome with orca running on debian. He installed sox with all
> dependencies aptitude install sox -r <enter> and once done he can't play
> any of his media files any more in gnome. I'm curious, what package broke
> gnome's ability to play media files when installed?

The script /var/lib/dpkg/info/sox.postinst (if it exists) might be
responsible.

--
Liam O'Toole
Cork, Ireland