-   -   Installed Debian today. (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/469991-installed-debian-today.html)

Narendra Sisodiya 12-28-2010 07:40 PM

Installed Debian today.

After 2.5 year with GNU/Linux , I finally migrated to best Distro ie Debian,*I will be sending improvement and my problems in blog format with my new journey with Debian.Also I have given my life time commitment to Debian project.
Thanks
http://blog.narendrasisodiya.com/2010/12/for-indian-debian-lovers-like-me-please.html

--
┌─────────────── ─────────┐
│* * Narendra Sisodiya

Klistvud 12-28-2010 08:28 PM

Installed Debian today.

After 2.5 year with GNU/Linux , I finally migrated to best Distro ie
Debian,
I will be sending improvement and my problems in blog format with my
new

journey with Debian.
Also I have given my life time commitment to Debian project.
Thanks

http://blog.narendrasisodiya.com/2010/12/for-indian-debian-lovers-like-me-please.html

--
┌─────────────── ─────────┐
│ Narendra Sisodiya
│ http://narendrasisodiya.com
└─────────────── ─────────┘

Welcome to the club.

--
Cheerio,

Klistvud
http://bufferoverflow.tiddlyspot.com
me.

godo 12-29-2010 10:40 AM

Installed Debian today.

After 2.5 year with GNU/Linux , I finally migrated to best Distro ie
Debian,
I will be sending improvement and my problems in blog format with my new
journey with Debian.
Also I have given my life time commitment to Debian project.
Thanks

http://blog.narendrasisodiya.com/2010/12/for-indian-debian-lovers-like-me-please.html

--
┌─────────────── ─────────┐
│ Narendra Sisodiya
│ http://narendrasisodiya.com
└─────────────── ─────────┘

Hi,
just from curiosity, what was "the turning point" to dismiss previous
distro and start using debian?

--
Bye,
Goran Dobosevic

Archive: 4D1B1E1E.2020607@dobosevic.com">http://lists.debian.org/4D1B1E1E.2020607@dobosevic.com

Narendra Sisodiya 12-29-2010 04:14 PM

Installed Debian today.

After 2.5 year with GNU/Linux , I finally migrated to best Distro ie

Debian,

I will be sending improvement and my problems in blog format with my new

journey with Debian.

Also I have given my life time commitment to Debian project.

Thanks

http://blog.narendrasisodiya.com/2010/12/for-indian-debian-lovers-like-me-please.html

--

┌─────────────── ─────────┐

│ * *Narendra Sisodiya

│ http://narendrasisodiya.com

└─────────────── ─────────┘

Hi,

just from curiosity, what was "the turning point" to dismiss previous distro and start using debian?

* bugs in ubuntu 10.x release* unbootable iso images of ubuntu
* Crap theme in 10.x* Madness of ubuntu which is trying to create MAC - OS type look and feel* 6 month release cycle and most buggy upgrade management which always fails* I want to rebase http://schoolos.org to most stable.

godo 12-29-2010 06:59 PM

Installed Debian today.

* Madness of ubuntu which is trying to create MAC - OS type look and feel
Ah yes, copying the look of MacOS just screaming "I'm frustrated
teenager". It is really pathetic.

--

Archive: 4D1B9307.3020707@dobosevic.com">http://lists.debian.org/4D1B9307.3020707@dobosevic.com

Petrus Validus 12-29-2010 07:32 PM

Installed Debian today.

> * bugs in ubuntu 10.x release

Bugs are unavoidable.

> * unbootable iso images of ubuntu

Maybe there's a problem with your CDs or burning application?

> * Crap theme in 10.x

You can change that.

> * Madness of ubuntu which is trying to create MAC - OS type look and
> feel

Two responses:

1-See previous response.

2-I don't think it's that bad, quite frankly. Apple's interfaces are
more attractive than a lot of others out there. I've always liked the
design of their interface. Very clean and simple. Honestly I would
enjoy using/recreating the Mac System 7 interface.

> * 6 month release cycle and most buggy upgrade management which always
> fails

Who said you have to upgrade to the latest version available? Why not
use one of Ubuntu's LTS editions? Upgrading an OS/distro every six
months is kind of silly to me.

> * I want to rebase http://schoolos.org to most stable.

Interesting project. Good luck with it.

--
Petrus Validus
Petrus.Validus@gmail.com

Narendra Sisodiya 12-29-2010 07:48 PM

Installed Debian today.

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 2:02 AM, Petrus Validus <petrus.validus@gmail.com> wrote:

> * bugs in ubuntu 10.x release

Bugs are unavoidable.

But releasing ubuntu on time without fixing known critical bug ?
*

> * unbootable iso images of ubuntu

Maybe there's a problem with your CDs or burning application?

64 bit ubuntu 10.10 is not bootable. checked MD5sum 100 times and similar error arond all userI use USB.
in some hardware both iso were unbootable.Always fail at initramfs - init not found. or any rootfs not found.
*

> * Crap theme in 10.x

You can change that.

> * Madness of ubuntu which is trying to create MAC - OS type look and

> feel

Two responses:

1-See previous response.

2-I don't think it's that bad, quite frankly. *Apple's interfaces are

more attractive than a lot of others out there. *I've always liked the

design of their interface. *Very clean and simple. *Honestly I would

enjoy using/recreating the Mac System 7 interface.

I am using gnome from last 2 year, I always see window bar button in right. Why they changed to left in lucid ? For me windows 7 and MAcOS theme and interface is very crap. I cannot even work on them

*
> * 6 month release cycle and most buggy upgrade management which always

> fails

Who said you have to upgrade to the latest version available? *Why not

use one of Ubuntu's LTS editions
LOL LTS is much buggy then non-LTS. 9.10 was the only stable version i have used.*
? *Upgrading an OS/distro every six

months is kind of silly to me.

> * I want to rebase http://schoolos.org to most stable.

Interesting project. *Good luck with it.

Thanks !!

Petrus Validus 12-29-2010 08:05 PM

Installed Debian today.

> But releasing ubuntu on time without fixing known critical bug ?

Other distros have done that in the past. They are on a time-based
schedule.

> 64 bit ubuntu 10.10 is not bootable. checked MD5sum 100 times and
> similar error arond all user
> I use USB.
> in some hardware both iso were unbootable.
> Always fail at initramfs - init not found. or any rootfs not found.

OK...I don't currently use Ubuntu, nor have I used it since 6.06, so I
cannot help you there. As someone else replied earlier, Welcome to the
Club.

> I am using gnome from last 2 year, I always see window bar button in
> right. Why they changed to left in lucid?

I've read that can be changed. Maybe somewhere in GConf?