FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 12-28-2010, 07:13 AM
Yuwen Dai
 
Default E-business and Linux

Dear all,

I just can not completely abandon Windows, for all the E-business related software are for Windows or IE in my country, for example, the security plug-ins released by banks in China. I don't understand why they don't develop plug-ins for Linux and Firefox.* I'm just curious, how is your situation?


Best regards,
Yuwen
 
Old 12-28-2010, 08:43 AM
Camaleón
 
Default E-business and Linux

On Tue, 28 Dec 2010 16:13:14 +0800, Yuwen Dai wrote:

> I just can not completely abandon Windows, for all the E-business
> related software are for Windows or IE in my country, for example, the
> security plug-ins released by banks in China. I don't understand why
> they don't develop plug-ins for Linux and Firefox. I'm just curious,
> how is your situation?

The situation is the same in all countries, I (sadly) guess, but not only
at banks but for many companies (i.e., my ISP web pages are very
difficult to follow with Firefox/Iceweasel and I'm talking here of one of
the bigger telecom companies in the worldwide market -Telefonica-) :-(

Companies only put money (aka, provide open tools and develop standard
applications) when they know they are going to get any gain and most of
their users are using "windows/explorer" binomial, so (sigh) "why they
should care"? ;-/

Greetings,

--
Camaleón


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: pan.2010.12.28.09.43.10@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/pan.2010.12.28.09.43.10@gmail.com
 
Old 12-28-2010, 02:34 PM
Klistvud
 
Default E-business and Linux

Dne, 28. 12. 2010 09:13:14 je Yuwen Dai napisal(a):

Dear all,

I just can not completely abandon Windows, for all the E-business
related
software are for Windows or IE in my country, for example, the
security

plug-ins released by banks in China. I don't understand why they don't
develop plug-ins for Linux and Firefox. I'm just curious, how is your
situation?



Hasn't that Chinese linux distribution -- Red Flag Linux or what it's
called -- changed anything? I think that China is just too huge not to
abandon proprietary software (be it legal or pirated) eventually. I'm
actually hoping that China and Russia (and perhaps India) may soon
become the driving forces of worldwide Linux domination


--
Cheerio,

Klistvud
http://bufferoverflow.tiddlyspot.com
Certifiable Loonix User #481801 Please reply to the list, not to
me.



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 1293550468.5868.2@compax">http://lists.debian.org/1293550468.5868.2@compax
 
Old 12-29-2010, 12:50 AM
Yuwen Dai
 
Default E-business and Linux

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 5:43 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, 28 Dec 2010 16:13:14 +0800, Yuwen Dai wrote:



> I just can not completely abandon Windows, for all the E-business

> related software are for Windows or IE in my country, for example, the

> security plug-ins released by banks in China. I don't understand why

> they don't develop plug-ins for Linux and Firefox. *I'm just curious,

> how is your situation?



The situation is the same in all countries, I (sadly) guess, but not only

at banks but for many companies (i.e., my ISP web pages are very

difficult to follow with Firefox/Iceweasel and I'm talking here of one of

the bigger telecom companies in the worldwide market -Telefonica-) :-(



Companies only put money (aka, provide open tools and develop standard

applications) when they know they are going to get any gain and most of

their users are using "windows/explorer" binomial, so (sigh) "why they

should care"? ;-/



If some ordinary web pages are not Linux/firefox friendly, I can give it up.** But I have to do E-trade via internet, at that time, I have to switch to Windows, where there're some "security software" released by banks and E-trade companies.* In fact, I feel very unsafe doing these thing in Windows :-(

*
Greetings,



--

Camaleón





--

To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org

with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

Archive: http://lists.debian.org/pan.2010.12.28.09.43.10@gmail.com
 
Old 12-29-2010, 01:06 AM
Yuwen Dai
 
Default E-business and Linux

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 11:34 PM, Klistvud <quotations@aliceadsl.fr> wrote:

Dne, 28. 12. 2010 09:13:14 je Yuwen Dai napisal(a):


Dear all,



I just can not completely abandon Windows, for all the E-business related

software are for Windows or IE in my country, for example, the security

plug-ins released by banks in China. I don't understand why they don't

develop plug-ins for Linux and Firefox. *I'm just curious, how is your

situation?






Hasn't that Chinese linux distribution -- Red Flag Linux or what it's called -- changed anything? I think that China is just too huge not to abandon proprietary software (be it legal or pirated) eventually. I'm actually hoping that China and Russia (and perhaps India) may soon become the driving forces of worldwide Linux domination



Linux still has very little influence in non-tech users in China, compared to the huge amount number of Windows users.* People just get used to Windows.* And there're something that force you live in Windows,* like the bank-provided software, or software the users favor.


Best regards,
Yuwen


*
--

Cheerio,



Klistvud * * * * * * * * * * * * * * http://bufferoverflow.tiddlyspot.com

Certifiable Loonix User #481801 * * *Please reply to the list, not to me.





--

To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.orgwith a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

Archive: http://lists.debian.org/1293550468.5868.2@compax
 
Old 12-29-2010, 01:23 AM
John Hasler
 
Default E-business and Linux

Yuwen Dai writes:
> The situation is the same in all countries...

I get along fine using only Debian here in the USA.
--
John Hasler


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 87r5d1b9lq.fsf@thumper.dhh.gt.org">http://lists.debian.org/87r5d1b9lq.fsf@thumper.dhh.gt.org
 
Old 12-29-2010, 04:30 AM
francis southern
 
Default E-business and Linux

On 28 December 2010 20:23, John Hasler <jhasler@debian.org> wrote:
> Yuwen Dai writes:
>> The situation is the same in all countries...
>
> I get along fine using only Debian here in the USA.
> --
> John Hasler
>

Actually, Camaleón said that, not Yuwen Dai. You should be careful
with your quoting!

And, I've had no trouble in Mexico or the UK using only GNU/Linux, but
I haven't done any electronic banking or anything like that (Except
Paypal).


Francis


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: AANLkTim1gjDr6hXO7SdCXf1f1CMAPXRA56-oWC--psf7@mail.gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/AANLkTim1gjDr6hXO7SdCXf1f1CMAPXRA56-oWC--psf7@mail.gmail.com
 
Old 12-29-2010, 04:36 AM
Eero Volotinen
 
Default E-business and Linux

2010/12/29 francis southern <francis.southern@gmail.com>:
> On 28 December 2010 20:23, John Hasler <jhasler@debian.org> wrote:
>> Yuwen Dai writes:
>>> The situation is the same in all countries...
>>
>> I get along fine using only Debian here in the USA.
>> --
>> John Hasler
>>
>
> Actually, Camaleón said that, not Yuwen Dai. *You should be careful
> with your quoting!
>
> And, I've had no trouble in Mexico or the UK using only GNU/Linux, but
> I haven't done any electronic banking or anything like that (Except
> Paypal).

No problems *) with banking on Finland, using only Linux or Mac

*) Some minor tweaks required, if using sampo bank.

--
Eero


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: AANLkTimDbmVwKMxPBVu3ZoU7fHC0uK8Q672YoqV59Y3j@mail .gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/AANLkTimDbmVwKMxPBVu3ZoU7fHC0uK8Q672YoqV59Y3j@mail .gmail.com
 
Old 12-29-2010, 06:24 AM
Yuwen Dai
 
Default E-business and Linux

On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 1:36 PM, Eero Volotinen <eero.volotinen@iki.fi> wrote:

2010/12/29 francis southern <francis.southern@gmail.com>:

> On 28 December 2010 20:23, John Hasler <jhasler@debian.org> wrote:

>> Yuwen Dai writes:

>>> The situation is the same in all countries...

>>

>> I get along fine using only Debian here in the USA.

>> --

>> John Hasler

>>

>

> Actually, Camaleón said that, not Yuwen Dai. *You should be careful

> with your quoting!

>

> And, I've had no trouble in Mexico or the UK using only GNU/Linux, but

> I haven't done any electronic banking or anything like that (Except

> Paypal).



No problems *) with banking on Finland, using only Linux or Mac

That's great.* Will the bank ask you to install any software developed for Linux?

Best regards,
Yuwen





*) Some minor tweaks required, if using sampo bank.



--

Eero





--

To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org

with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

Archive: http://lists.debian.org/AANLkTimDbmVwKMxPBVu3ZoU7fHC0uK8Q672YoqV59Y3j@mail .gmail.com
 
Old 12-29-2010, 06:41 AM
Eero Volotinen
 
Default E-business and Linux

>> No problems *) with banking on Finland, using only Linux or Mac
>
> That's great.* Will the bank ask you to install any software developed for
> Linux?

No, only sampo bank requires some custom java applet.

--
Eero


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: AANLkTinsshtG3X2+vXR_=iU28PUjU_e_dr3L_wzcYm4M@mail .gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/AANLkTinsshtG3X2+vXR_=iU28PUjU_e_dr3L_wzcYm4M@mail .gmail.com
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 09:20 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org