-   -   chronyc settime and digital clock in LXDE in Squeeze (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/469771-chronyc-settime-digital-clock-lxde-squeeze.html)

12-27-2010 11:01 AM

chronyc settime and digital clock in LXDE in Squeeze

Folk,

"Clock Format" is set to %R, which according to strftime.man
specifies a 24 hour format.

After chronyc settime 16:50 the clock displays 4:50.

Am I misusing chronyc? Is the digital clock in LXDE unable
to display the 24 hour format?

Thanks for any ideas, ... Peter E.

--
Telephone 1 360 450 2132.

Slicky Johnson 12-28-2010 12:17 AM

chronyc settime and digital clock in LXDE in Squeeze

On Mon, 27 Dec 2010 05:01:19 -0700
peasthope@shaw.ca wrote:

> Folk,
>
> "Clock Format" is set to %R, which according to strftime.man
> specifies a 24 hour format.
>
> After chronyc settime 16:50 the clock displays 4:50.
>
> Am I misusing chronyc? Is the digital clock in LXDE unable
> to display the 24 hour format?
>
> Thanks for any ideas, ... Peter E.

I use chrony as well but with gnome. I've never used 'settime'
and have allowed chrony to manage the time on its own which has worked
well for a couple of years now. Perhaps when evoking 'settime' chrony
adds it's own format. Maybe dig around in chrony's rc file?

John Hasler 12-28-2010 12:39 AM

peasthope writes:
> "Clock Format" is set to %R, which according to strftime.man specifies
> a 24 hour format.

Try %H:%M:%S

> After chronyc settime 16:50 the clock displays 4:50.

What did it display before the chronyc command?

> Am I misusing chronyc?

Chronyc merely talks to chronyd which messes with the system clock. It
has nothing to do with display formats.

> Is the digital clock in LXDE unable to display the 24 hour format?

A quick Google indicates that it can.
--
John Hasler

John Hasler 12-28-2010 12:45 AM

Slicky Johnson writes:
> Perhaps when evoking 'settime' chrony adds it's own format.

Chrony does nothing that has anything to do with formats.
--
John Hasler