Old 12-26-2010, 05:59 PM
Simon Hollenbach

Default o/t ipod

ol----- Original message -----

> My son has bought me an ipodtouch for Xmas..Anyone tell me how I can

> transfer the music files on his ipod to mine ?..I only have Linux on my

> machines but can get access to a Winbox at a neighbours...

Hi Ted,

i dont know if u use KDE and neither do i know if it was an iPod touch 2G, I assume both in this post.

U can use amarok.

http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/Media_Device:IPod

as u can see from the compatibility list there, it doesnt work our of the box for the newer ones, but there seem to be workarounds as:

http://unusedcycles.wordpress.com/2009/04/29/amarok-14-sync-with-ipod-touch-2g-in-linux/

Greets

Simon

P.S. Gtkpod, as mentioned before, is worth a try too and may be less of a pain to get to run.

Old 12-27-2010, 04:43 PM
Camaleón

On Sun, 26 Dec 2010 06:32:34 -0600, Ted Wager wrote:

> My son has bought me an ipodtouch for Xmas..Anyone tell me how I can
> transfer the music files on his ipod to mine ?..I only have Linux on my
> machines but can get access to a Winbox at a neighbours...

Beside all the good advice you got, you may also find interesthing this
wiki page:

http://wiki.debian.org/iPhone

<rant_and_malicious mode on>
I still fail to see what people find exciting in Apple devices. Yes, they
look nice but they're also even more closed than any MS product >:-)
</rant_and_malicious mode off>

Greetings,

--
Camaleón