Old 12-23-2010, 08:48 PM
Steve McCarthy

Default Any kmail filtering advice?

My GF's disk died and it seemed a perfect time to introduce her to
linux/gnu and kde as a msft substitute. I was sadly mistaken.

I chose kmail as a substitute for her thunderbird for several reasons. My
problem now is duplicating one of thunderbird/ice owl’s features: junk
mail control.

She gets dozens of messages that she wants to keep but peruse later. ice
owl’s junk folder approach separates friends from junk on receipt. I've
tried to duplicate this in kmail, but filtering on address book contents
appears to be broken.

Has anyone else found a way to defer junk (not SPAM) mail in kmail? Don't
bother suggesting my GF change her email ways. That is the wrong road.
Believe me.

Thanks,
steve

--
Next week's episode:
"Don't Touch My Junk" -or- "Another K-Nail in My Coffin"