Old 12-23-2010, 05:01 AM

Default auto module loading with udev ?

Hi,

Palm TX support is busted in that the visor module is never loaded
automagically, and it takes more googling than you would think to
find out that you need the visor module.

so I'd like to set up udev to do the right thing, which I have done for
other devices. However I have not had to load modules as part of the
set-up.

Looks as though I need to maybe brute force it with PROGRAM to do a
modprobe ? That seems way to klunky for a problem that had to be
solved at the time udev was invented.

The other possibilty is using RUN, which what the rules in /lib/udev
seem to do.

suggestions ?

Thanks,

Brian