Old 12-23-2010, 03:10 AM
Jackie Wang

Default Debian Squeeze Cannot Paste From Epiphany Browser to Evolution or Gnome Terminal

Hi all,

I'm using Debian Squeeze on my laptop (Upgraded from Lenny 5.0.4 to
Squeeze). I cannot paste some text from epiphany to evolution or Gnome
terminal. I first select some text from the browser then use right-click
and select command copy and then in evolution or Gnome terminal
right-click and select command paste but nothing pasted. But I can first
paste the text to epiphany's address line and copy it again in the
address line, and then can paste to Gnome terminal or evolution.

Why? Can anybody help?

I searched the internet and tried install pastie according the below
link, but not resolved:

http://www.khattam.info/howto-install-pastie-in-debian-squeezetesting-2010-11-13.html

TIH.

Jackie

Old 12-23-2010, 01:27 PM
rudu

I'm using Debian Squeeze on my laptop (Upgraded from Lenny 5.0.4 to
Squeeze). I cannot paste some text from epiphany to evolution or Gnome
terminal. I first select some text from the browser then use right-click
and select command copy and then in evolution or Gnome terminal
right-click and select command paste but nothing pasted. But I can first
paste the text to epiphany's address line and copy it again in the
address line, and then can paste to Gnome terminal or evolution.

Have you tried to paste using the click of your mouse scroller ?

rudu

Archive: 4D135C41.5090704@cegetel.net">http://lists.debian.org/4D135C41.5090704@cegetel.net

Old 12-23-2010, 06:52 PM
Tixy

On Thu, 2010-12-23 at 12:10 +0800, Jackie Wang wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm using Debian Squeeze on my laptop (Upgraded from Lenny 5.0.4 to
> Squeeze). I cannot paste some text from epiphany to evolution or Gnome
> terminal.

I too have had various problems like this for a while. One trick I've
found which works is to paste the text into a text entry field like the
To or Cc field of an email, or the address bar of a browser. I can then
select and cut this text again to finally paste it to where I really
want it.

--
Tixy () The ASCII Ribbon Campaign (www.asciiribbon.org)
/ Against HTML e-mail and proprietary attachments

Old 12-27-2010, 04:30 PM
Camaleón

On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 12:10:19 +0800, Jackie Wang wrote:

> I'm using Debian Squeeze on my laptop (Upgraded from Lenny 5.0.4 to
> Squeeze). I cannot paste some text from epiphany to evolution or Gnome
> terminal. I first select some text from the browser then use right-click
> and select command copy and then in evolution or Gnome terminal
> right-click and select command paste but nothing pasted. But I can first
> paste the text to epiphany's address line and copy it again in the
> address line, and then can paste to Gnome terminal or evolution.
>
> Why? Can anybody help?
>
> I searched the internet and tried install pastie according the below
> link, but not resolved:
>
> http://www.khattam.info/howto-install-pastie-in-debian-squeezetesting-2010-11-13.html

Yep, same here.

Maybe this bug (still unsolved):

epiphany-browser: Copy and Paste does not work so well

Greetings,

--
Camaleón