Old 12-22-2010, 01:13 PM
Kent West

Default Can't Start Gramps

I filed a bug report last week, but haven't heard anything back; thought
maybe you folks might offer a solution.

westk@westek:~$ uname -a
Linux westek 2.6.32-5-686 #1 SMP Fri Dec 10 16:12:40 UTC 2010 i686 GNU/Linux

westk@westek:~$ cat /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ unstable main contrib non-free
deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ testing main contrib non-free
deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ stable main contrib non-free
deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main contrib non-free
deb http://volatile.debian.org/debian-volatile stable/volatile main
contrib non-free

The system is aptitude update'd and dist-upgrade'd

westk@westek:~$ gramps &
[1] 27439
westk@westek:~$ Upgrading INI file
/usr/share/gramps/ThumbNails.py:31: DeprecationWarning: the md5 module
is deprecated; use hashlib instead

import md5
/usr/share/gramps/ViewManager.py:216: DeprecationWarning: Use the new
widget gtk.Tooltip

self.tips = gtk.Tooltips()
15393: ERROR: gramps.py: line 215: Gramps failed to start.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/share/gramps/gramps.py", line 193, in run
gramps_main.Gramps(args)
File "/usr/share/gramps/gramps_main.py", line 234, in __init__
self.vm = ViewManager.ViewManager(state)
File "/usr/share/gramps/ViewManager.py", line 224, in __init__
self.__build_main_window()
File "/usr/share/gramps/ViewManager.py", line 270, in __build_main_window
self.uimanager, self.progress_monitor, self)
File "/usr/share/gramps/DisplayState.py", line 324, in __init__
self.last_bar = self.status.insert(min_width=15, ralign=True)
File "/usr/share/gramps/GrampsWidgets.py", line 1216, in insert
label.set_alignment(xalign=1.0, yalign=0.5)
AttributeError: 'gtk.HBox' object has no attribute 'set_alignment'

[1]+ Exit 1 gramps

Thanks!

--
Kent West<*)))><
http://kentwest.blogspot.com

Archive: 4D1207A1.2040700@acu.edu">http://lists.debian.org/4D1207A1.2040700@acu.edu

Old 12-22-2010, 02:18 PM
Camaleón

On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 08:13:53 -0600, Kent West wrote:

> I filed a bug report last week, but haven't heard anything back; thought
> maybe you folks might offer a solution.

(...)

Could it be a regression of this old/fixed bug?

The referenced offending file is different (now "GrampsWidgets.py"
instead "statusbar.py") but the error looks the same.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 12-22-2010, 02:18 PM
Brad Rogers

On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 08:13:53 -0600
Kent West <westk@acu.edu> wrote:

Hello Kent,

> westk@westek:~$ cat /etc/apt/sources.list
> deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ unstable main contrib non-free
> deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ testing main contrib non-free
> deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ stable main contrib non-free
> deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main contrib non-free
> deb http://volatile.debian.org/debian-volatile stable/volatile main
> contrib non-free
> The system is aptitude update'd and dist-upgrade'd

Since you're using stable, testing and unstable in your sources, it's
probably be a good idea to say which version of Gramps and also which
version of python you're using.

Even then, I probably won't be able to help. There is a Gramps ML you
may care to ask for help on. Post to "Gramps Users List
<gramps-users@lists.sourceforge.net>". I'm not sure, but you probably
have to subscribe. Traffic isn't huge and the dev team hang out there.

--
Regards _
/ ) "The blindingly obvious is

Old 12-22-2010, 02:39 PM