Old 02-04-2008, 11:24 AM
Александър Л. Димитров

Default Iran to attack my Browser??

Seriously, this is quite odd...

take a look at the following two screenshots of Iran's ministry of foreign
affair's site:

http://omploader.org/vYzU3
http://omploader.org/vYzU4

Sorry to link you to some image-hosting site, but the screenshots are
neccessary... as you can see, Opera displays this site quite fine, while Firefox
(3 beta) goes paranoid, suspecting incoming attacks from the Middle East.

What's up with that? Has Mozilla Corp. gone Republican? ... I doubt it.
What's more likely is that someone over at stopbadware.org (on which Firefox'
paranoid attacks seem to be based on) has made a joke. I doubt that an official
server of the Iranian government could distribute malware (just look at the
address: www.mfa.gov.ir - and no, it's not a Windows server accidentially
infected with viruses. As you all now, Iran's not allowed to buy or use Windows)

So my question is: how do I disable FF's 'badware'-check? I'm not afraid of
nobody! I'm only using the vimperator and AdBlock extensions to Firefox, so this
should not be the cause...

Thanks, and sorry to post something this off-topic, but since it _does_ contain
at least one technical question...

Aleks

Old 02-04-2008, 11:59 AM
Ron Johnson

Old 02-04-2008, 07:44 PM
Hugo Vanwoerkom

Александър Л. Димитров wrote:

Seriously, this is quite odd...

take a look at the following two screenshots of Iran's ministry of foreign
affair's site:

http://omploader.org/vYzU3
http://omploader.org/vYzU4

Sorry to link you to some image-hosting site, but the screenshots are
neccessary... as you can see, Opera displays this site quite fine, while Firefox
(3 beta) goes paranoid, suspecting incoming attacks from the Middle East.

What's up with that? Has Mozilla Corp. gone Republican? ... I doubt it.
What's more likely is that someone over at stopbadware.org (on which Firefox'
paranoid attacks seem to be based on) has made a joke. I doubt that an official
server of the Iranian government could distribute malware (just look at the
address: www.mfa.gov.ir

Opens just fine with Iceweasel/2.0.0.11 (Debian-2.0.0.11-1).

Hugo

Old 02-04-2008, 09:53 PM
Mihira Fernando

?????????? ?. ???????? wrote:

[...]

The site www.mfa.gov.ir opens fine here on Iceweasel version 2.0.0.10
Something on FF3 or your plugins for FF3 is probably doing the blocking.

Mihira.

--
"Not many people know when love really starts...
More than a friend, but not quite lovers.

Old 02-05-2008, 01:12 AM
Andrew Sackville-West

On Mon, Feb 04, 2008 at 01:24:04PM +0100, Александър Л. Димитров wrote:
> Seriously, this is quite odd...
>
> take a look at the following two screenshots of Iran's ministry of foreign
> affair's site:
>
> http://omploader.org/vYzU3
> http://omploader.org/vYzU4
>
> Sorry to link you to some image-hosting site, but the screenshots are
> neccessary... as you can see, Opera displays this site quite fine, while Firefox
> (3 beta) goes paranoid, suspecting incoming attacks from the Middle East.

Well, that dialog claims to be caused by your security preferences, so
there must be something you could uncheck to make that go away... not
very helpful I know, but there it is.

Also, OT, care to share your xmobar config?