Old 12-20-2010, 02:26 PM
Gabriela Jiménez

Default Important question.

Dear Debian.Org Support Team:

*

I am a new user of Linux O.S., and I need to use
Linux to use RDP protocol to connect with a Server with Windows 2008 Server to use
an business application. *Debian have a RDP tool similar to Windows RDP ?

*

I hope your fast reply as soon as possible.

*

Best regards,

*

Adolfo Arévalo
H.

Mundo Virtual de C.A.

San José, Costa Rica.

*

Se certificó que el correo no contiene virus.

Comprobada por AVG - www.avg.es

Versión: 10.0.1188 / Base de datos de virus: 1435/3326 - Fecha de la versión: 19/12/2010

Old 12-20-2010, 02:52 PM
Umarzuki Mochlis

2010/12/20 Gabriela Jiménez <administracion@mundovirtualcr.com>

Dear Debian.Org Support Team:

*

I am a new user of Linux O.S., and I need to use
Linux to use RDP protocol to connect with a Server with Windows 2008 Server to use
an business application. *Debian have a RDP tool similar to Windows RDP ?

*

rdesktop*

http://debmal.my

Old 12-20-2010, 02:58 PM
Andrew McGlashan

Hi,

Gabriela Jiménez wrote:
I am a new user of Linux O.S., and I need to use Linux to use RDP
protocol to connect with a Server with Windows 2008 Server to use an
business application. Debian have a RDP tool similar to Windows RDP ?

# aptitude show rdesktop
Package: rdesktop
State: not installed
Version: 1.6.0-2
rdesktop is an open source client for Windows NT/2000 Terminal Server,
capable of natively speaking its Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) in order
to present the user's NT/2000

desktop. Unlike Citrix ICA, no server extensions are required.

--
Kind Regards
AndrewM

Andrew McGlashan