FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 12-19-2010, 03:37 PM
Camaleˇn
 
Default Poppler error: "floating point exception" (lenny)

Hello,

I am getting a "floating point exception" error message from Evince when
opening some PDF files (a sample is linked bellow). The file gets opened
but as soon as I'm reading pages (page 1, page 2, page 3...), at some
point Evince closes by itself. When running Evince from command line, as
soon as it breaks, I can see the above mentioned error.

Sample error (PDF, ~3.1 MiB):
http://service.us.panasonic.com/OPERMANPDF/KXTG7531-MUL.PDF

(I have tested with other PDF files from Panasonic site and they just
crash in the same manner).

The GIMP gives the same error:

***
sm01@stt008:~/Desktop$ gimp KXTG7531-MUL.PDF
/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/poppler: fatal error: Floating point exception
***

Can someone please confirm this problem?

My wild guess is that it could have been generated by the latest
"poppler" update╣ because I was not experiencing this issue before. I am
running an updated Lenny (64 bits).

╣http://www.debian.org/security/2010/dsa-2119

Greetings,

--
Camaleˇn


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: pan.2010.12.19.16.37.00@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/pan.2010.12.19.16.37.00@gmail.com
 
Old 12-19-2010, 04:30 PM
Gilbert Sullivan
 
Default Poppler error: "floating point exception" (lenny)

On 12/19/2010 11:37 AM, Camaleˇn wrote:

Hello,

I am getting a "floating point exception" error message from Evince when
opening some PDF files (a sample is linked bellow). The file gets opened
but as soon as I'm reading pages (page 1, page 2, page 3...), at some
point Evince closes by itself. When running Evince from command line, as
soon as it breaks, I can see the above mentioned error.

Sample error (PDF, ~3.1 MiB):
http://service.us.panasonic.com/OPERMANPDF/KXTG7531-MUL.PDF


Hi!

I'm running Debian testing (2.6.32-5-686, fully updated with Evince
2.30.3, GIMP 2.6.10, poppler libraries 0.12.4-1.2). I downloaded and
tested the file with Evince 2.30.3 and didn't have any problems.



(I have tested with other PDF files from Panasonic site and they just
crash in the same manner).


Didn't try other files.


The GIMP gives the same error:


No issues with GIMP, either.


***
sm01@stt008:~/Desktop$ gimp KXTG7531-MUL.PDF
/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/poppler: fatal error: Floating point exception
***

Can someone please confirm this problem?

My wild guess is that it could have been generated by the latest
"poppler" update╣ because I was not experiencing this issue before. I am
running an updated Lenny (64 bits).

╣http://www.debian.org/security/2010/dsa-2119


I can't seem to get the error. Is there anything else about my system
that might be useful to know. Or is there anything that you'd like me
to try at this end? Is your system 32 bit, too -- or is it 64 bit?


Best regards,
Gilbert


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

Archive: 4D0E4141.5040602@comcast.net">http://lists.debian.org/4D0E4141.5040602@comcast.net
 
Old 12-19-2010, 05:14 PM
Camaleˇn
 
Default Poppler error: "floating point exception" (lenny)

On Sun, 19 Dec 2010 12:30:41 -0500, Gilbert Sullivan wrote:

> On 12/19/2010 11:37 AM, Camaleˇn wrote:

>> I am getting a "floating point exception" error message from Evince
>> when opening some PDF files (a sample is linked bellow). The file gets
>> opened but as soon as I'm reading pages (page 1, page 2, page 3...), at
>> some point Evince closes by itself. When running Evince from command
>> line, as soon as it breaks, I can see the above mentioned error.
>>
>> Sample error (PDF, ~3.1 MiB):
>> http://service.us.panasonic.com/OPERMANPDF/KXTG7531-MUL.PDF
>
> Hi!
>
> I'm running Debian testing (2.6.32-5-686, fully updated with Evince
> 2.30.3, GIMP 2.6.10, poppler libraries 0.12.4-1.2). I downloaded and
> tested the file with Evince 2.30.3 and didn't have any problems.

Thanks for testing :-)

Yes, it seems the error is only reproducible under Lenny (after reading
your message, I've tested within my two virtual machines, one with a 32-
bits lenny installation and the other with squeeze, also 32 bits). The
lenny one just crashes in the same manner that my main system but in
squeeze the error is not present.

(...)

>> Can someone please confirm this problem?
>>
>> My wild guess is that it could have been generated by the latest
>> "poppler" update╣ because I was not experiencing this issue before. I
>> am running an updated Lenny (64 bits).
>>
>> ╣http://www.debian.org/security/2010/dsa-2119
>
> I can't seem to get the error. Is there anything else about my system
> that might be useful to know. Or is there anything that you'd like me to
> try at this end? Is your system 32 bit, too -- or is it 64 bit?

I think the "exception" is happening only in Lenny, in both 32 and 64-
bits.

Greetings,

--
Camaleˇn


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: pan.2010.12.19.18.14.02@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/pan.2010.12.19.18.14.02@gmail.com
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 03:30 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ę2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org