Old 12-18-2010, 11:19 AM
Camaleón

Default erratum

On Sat, 18 Dec 2010 11:21:39 +0000, Lisi wrote:

> Can anyone explain this* (which is the reason why I have not yet
> installed Chromium).
>
> Thanks,
> Lisi
>
> * lisi@Tux:~$ aptitude show chromium

You better search for the package name:

sm01@stt008:~$ apt-cache search chromium
chromium-data - data pack for chromium
chromium - fast paced, arcade-style, scrolling space shooter

And none of them seems to be the Google's browser, so I think is not
available for lenny (as other people already pointed out, the complete
name of the package is "chromium-browser":

http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/chromium-browser

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 12-18-2010, 12:50 PM
green

Lisi wrote at 2010-12-18 05:21 -0600:
> Can anyone explain this* (which is the reason why I have not yet installed
> Chromium).

> * lisi@Tux:~$ aptitude show chromium

$ apt-cache search chromium

Old 12-18-2010, 10:04 PM
Lisi

On Saturday 18 December 2010 13:50:52 green wrote:
> Lisi wrote at 2010-12-18 05:21 -0600:
> > Can anyone explain this* (which is the reason why I have not yet
> > installed Chromium).
> >
> > * lisi@Tux:~$ aptitude show chromium
>
> $ apt-cache search chromium

That would just give the same result: the information that Chromium is a game.
I had tried aptitude search as well, but not surprisingly it said the same.

I should have been searching for chromium-browser as has been said by other
posters. But when I did it I got a nil result because it is not available in
either Lenny or Lenny-backports.

It will be available when I move to squeeze, but meanwhile I have installed
Google's .deb.

I just wanted to have a look at it, but so far am not impressed.

Lisi

Old 12-19-2010, 01:01 AM
Frank McCormick

On Sat, 18 Dec 2010 23:04:31 +0000
Lisi <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Saturday 18 December 2010 13:50:52 green wrote:
> > Lisi wrote at 2010-12-18 05:21 -0600:
> > > Can anyone explain this* (which is the reason why I have not yet
> > > installed Chromium).
> > >
> > > * lisi@Tux:~$ aptitude show chromium
> >
> > $ apt-cache search chromium
>
> That would just give the same result: the information that Chromium is a game.
> I had tried aptitude search as well, but not surprisingly it said the same.
>

> It will be available when I move to squeeze, but meanwhile I have installed
> Google's .deb.
>
> I just wanted to have a look at it, but so far am not impressed.

Use it for a while...you just may change your mind. Speedier than
the fox....and enough extensions to make your head swim

--
Frank <beacon@videotron.ca>

Old 12-19-2010, 05:01 PM
Hugo Vanwoerkom

Frank McCormick wrote:

On Sat, 18 Dec 2010 23:04:31 +0000
Can anyone explain this* (which is the reason why I have not yet
installed Chromium).

* lisi@Tux:~$ aptitude show chromium

$ apt-cache search chromium
That would just give the same result: the information that Chromium is a game.
I had tried aptitude search as well, but not surprisingly it said the same.

It will be available when I move to squeeze, but meanwhile I have installed
Google's .deb.

I just wanted to have a look at it, but so far am not impressed.

Use it for a while...you just may change your mind. Speedier than
the fox....and enough extensions to make your head swim

Except, no backpage with the topwheel, and no fast scroll with middle click

Hugo

Archive: ielh9d$67h$1@dough.gmane.org">http://lists.debian.org/ielh9d$67h$1@dough.gmane.org

Old 12-27-2010, 09:40 AM
Andrei Popescu

On Sb, 18 dec 10, 21:01:12, Frank McCormick wrote:

> Use it for a while...you just may change your mind. Speedier than
> the fox....and enough extensions to make your head swim

Unfortunately vrome is no match for vimperator

Regards,
Andrei

Old 12-27-2010, 03:19 PM
green

Andrei Popescu wrote at 2010-12-27 04:40 -0600:
> On Sb, 18 dec 10, 21:01:12, Frank McCormick wrote:
> > Use it for a while...you just may change your mind. Speedier than
> > the fox....and enough extensions to make your head swim
>
> Unfortunately vrome is no match for vimperator

Then perhaps vimperator is no match for uzbl?

Old 12-27-2010, 04:01 PM
Andrei Popescu

On Lu, 27 dec 10, 10:19:15, green wrote:
> Andrei Popescu wrote at 2010-12-27 04:40 -0600:
> > On Sb, 18 dec 10, 21:01:12, Frank McCormick wrote:
> > > Use it for a while...you just may change your mind. Speedier than
> > > the fox....and enough extensions to make your head swim
> >
> > Unfortunately vrome is no match for vimperator
>
> Then perhaps vimperator is no match for uzbl?

How does one open (follow) a link in a new tab with uzbl-tabbed?

Kind regards,
Andrei