Old 12-18-2010, 09:37 AM
"Russell L. Harris"

Default universal flash card reader

I need a recommendation for a Linux-compatible USB-interface flash
card reader to handle SD, SDHC, and CompactFlash.

I have a SanDisk ImageMate 8-in-1 model SDDR-88 which works with SD,
but not with SDHC.

RLH

Old 12-19-2010, 03:57 AM
Manon Metten

Hi,

On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 11:37 AM, Russell L. Harris
<rlharris@broadcaster.org> wrote:
> I need a recommendation for a Linux-compatible USB-interface flash
> card reader to handle SD, SDHC, and CompactFlash.

My Verbatim Universal works flawlessly with my 16 GB Sandisk Ultra II SDHC card.

Manon.

Old 12-19-2010, 04:08 AM
shawn wilson

> On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 11:37 AM, Russell L. Harris

> <rlharris@broadcaster.org> wrote:

> > I need a recommendation for a Linux-compatible USB-interface flash

> > card reader to handle SD, SDHC, and CompactFlash.

fwiw - I've used about a dozen or so of them with linux in the past few years and they've all worked.

Old 12-19-2010, 05:53 AM
"Russell L. Harris"

* shawn wilson <ag4ve.us@gmail.com> [101219 05:14]:

> > On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 11:37 AM, Russell L. Harris
> > <rlharris@broadcaster.org> wrote:
> > > I need a recommendation for a Linux-compatible USB-interface flash
> > > card reader to handle SD, SDHC, and CompactFlash.
>
> fwiw - I've used about a dozen or so of them with linux in the past few
> years and they've all worked.

Thanks, Shawn and Manon. If I recall correctly, compatibility was an
issue back when I purchased the SanDisk SDDR-88, and until very
recently I have not had need for SDHC.

RLH