Old 12-18-2010, 08:46 AM
Prekates Alexandros

Default Random freezes in booting in squeeze beta.

In squeeze beta some times system freezes at boot up. Today it freezed
in the cups line. Now its running but in dmseg there is no cups line!!
Can cups start only some times?
Yesterday if freezed some times again printing traces (that i dont have
in screenshot for now), with lines like BUG:

BUG: soft lockup - CPU#0 stuck for 61s! [khubd.s] or
BUG: Unable to handle kernel paging request at ffffffffffffffff.

Machine: DG45ID intel mobo with Q9300 Quad Core 2

Alexandros Prekates

Old 12-18-2010, 06:20 PM
Camaleón

On Sat, 18 Dec 2010 11:46:26 +0200, Prekates Alexandros wrote:

> In squeeze beta some times system freezes at boot up. Today it freezed
> in the cups line. Now its running but in dmseg there is no cups line!!
> Can cups start only some times?

No, it should boot always, provided that you have setup Cups service to
be enabled at booting. OTOH, I do not have any cups line in dmesg:

sm01@stt008:~$ dmesg | grep -i cups
sm01@stt008:~$

It is located in "/var/log/boot" (first you have to enable "boot log" to
get that file):

stt008:/var/log# cat boot | grep -i cups
Sat Dec 18 10:24:54 2010: Starting Common Unix Printing System: cupsd.

> Yesterday if freezed some times again printing traces (that i dont have
> in screenshot for now), with lines like BUG:
>
> BUG: soft lockup - CPU#0 stuck for 61s! [khubd.s] or BUG: Unable to
> handle kernel paging request at ffffffffffffffff.

I think you already filled a bug report, but for the installation log.
Ensure you have an up-to-date squeeze and if still having those freezes
from time to time, you can try by disabling KMS at booting. If that
solves nothing, open a new bug report against the kernel.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón