Old 12-18-2010, 07:36 AM
Sthu Deus

Default xdm shutting down

Good day.

I use xdm on one of my machines and therefore have no shutdown button
in it. Can I specify some other combination of keys in inittab instead
of the 3 standard ones for the purpose - so that w/ those I still be
able to restart the OS, and w/ others I might shutdown it?

Thank You for Your time.

Old 12-18-2010, 02:00 PM
"joseph lockhart"

Yes, it is quite possible, use the same format and replace the desired key. for instance, i had a machine that rebooted on ctrl+alt+del (shutdown -r now) and shutdown on ctrl+alt+h (shutdown -h now) iirc, on that machine i had to switch to a tty first but might be a setting error on my part