Old 12-17-2010, 08:38 PM
I Rattan

Default Generic kernel for Orace-XE install?

Which generic kernel (in Debian distros) would allow
Oracle-XE install (without kernel re-compilation)?

Thanks in advance.

-ishwar

Archive: Pine.GSO.4.64.1012171636140.27201@unknown">http://lists.debian.org/Pine.GSO.4.64.1012171636140.27201@unknown

Old 12-17-2010, 09:11 PM
ceduard0

2010/12/17 I Rattan <ratta1i@cps.cmich.edu>:
> Which generic kernel (in Debian distros) would allow
> Oracle-XE install (without kernel re-compilation)?

Hi, I installed Oracle XE on Debian without recompiling the kernel.
I've been looking for an old document installation of Oracle XE but
can not find it.

In that document was never speak to recompile.

Looking for something on the subject I find that they worked in the
Oracle installer now have a. deb [1][2]

Other Howto [3]

[1]http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/topics/linux/xe-on-kubuntu-087822.html
[2]http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B25329_01/doc/install.102/b25144/toc.htm#CIHHJEHF
[3]http://www.linuxinsight.com/oracle10g_on_debian.html

PD: Sorry but my english is very bad. I am learning the idiom and I
want to help to Debian community .

--
ceduard0