Old 02-04-2008, 08:15 AM
Henrik Johansen

Default Sarge EOL date

Hi list,

Security Support for Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 (Woody) was terminated one
year after the release of Debian GNU/Linux 3.1 (Sarge).

Is Sarge following the same EOL cycle or can one expect a longer period
of Security Support ?

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best Regards

Henrik Johansen
henrik@myunix.dk

Old 02-04-2008, 09:19 AM
Steve Kemp

On Mon Feb 04, 2008 at 10:15:14 +0100, Henrik Johansen wrote:

> Security Support for Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 (Woody) was terminated one
> year after the release of Debian GNU/Linux 3.1 (Sarge).
>
> Is Sarge following the same EOL cycle or can one expect a longer period
> of Security Support ?

It will be the same; security support ending in April 2008.

Steve
--
Debian GNU/Linux System Administration
http://www.debian-administration.org/

Old 02-04-2008, 09:49 AM
Henrik Johansen

Steve Kemp wrote:

[...]

Security Support for Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 (Woody) was terminated one
year after the release of Debian GNU/Linux 3.1 (Sarge).

Is Sarge following the same EOL cycle or can one expect a longer period
of Security Support ?

It will be the same; security support ending in April 2008.

Thank you for clarifying that for me.

Steve

Old 02-04-2008, 12:53 PM
Henrik Johansen

Kevin Mark wrote:

[...]

> Security Support for Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 (Woody) was terminated one
> year after the release of Debian GNU/Linux 3.1 (Sarge).
>
> Is Sarge following the same EOL cycle or can one expect a longer period

> of Security Support ?

It will be the same; security support ending in April 2008.

Steve
--

Do you have systems that need this support continued? If so, there are
Debian consultants on www.debian.org. Do you have systems that can not

We have ~50 servers that still are running Sarge. All I needed was an
official EOL date so that I could plan the transition to Etch and justify
the use of extra manhours to upper management.

-K

[...]