Old 12-16-2010, 05:56 PM
Martin Kraus

Default how to make pdnsd listen on all interfaces?

Hello. I'm trying to get pdnsd to listen on all interfaces. server_ip=any
should work but it always listens only on 127.0.0.1 even with several other
interfaces present. is this a bug or am I missing something?

thanks
mk

Old 12-16-2010, 10:29 PM
Geoff Simmons

Hi Martin,

On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 07:56:47PM +0100, Martin Kraus wrote:
> I'm trying to get pdnsd to listen on all interfaces. server_ip=any
> should work but it always listens only on 127.0.0.1 even with several
> other interfaces present. is this a bug or am I missing something?

The pdnsd package defaults to use of an automatic configuration file
(containing reasonable defaults) from /usr/share/pdnsd, overriding
/etc/pdnsd.conf. Both pdnsd-recurse.conf and pdnsd-resolvconf.conf
define a server_ip value of 127.0.0.1.

You probably want to adjust /etc/default/pdnsd to enable manual mode, as
described in /usr/share/doc/pdnsd/README.Debian.

Geoff