Old 12-16-2010, 12:45 PM
Adrian Chapela

Default Time zone utility to read olson database

Hello,

I am looking for tz the reader of olson database (tzdata). Where can I
get it ? I am looking the official
(http://www.twinsun.com/tz/tz-link.htm) URL and I was searching in
Debian repository and I couldn't find any utility to read the database file.

Regards.

Old 12-16-2010, 02:21 PM
Joao Ferreira gmail

On Thu, 2010-12-16 at 14:45 +0100, Adrian Chapela wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am looking for tz the reader of olson database (tzdata). Where can I
> get it ? I am looking the official
> (http://www.twinsun.com/tz/tz-link.htm) URL and I was searching in
> Debian repository and I couldn't find any utility to read the database file.

not being 100% sure I'dd say it should be as simple as:

# apt-get install tzdata

or other related packages like tzwatch, python-tz, tzdata-java, etc

depends on what your purpose is...

joao

Old 12-16-2010, 04:58 PM
Bob Proulx

Adrian Chapela wrote:
> I am looking for tz the reader of olson database (tzdata). Where can I
> get it ? I am looking the official
> (http://www.twinsun.com/tz/tz-link.htm) URL and I was searching in
> Debian repository and I couldn't find any utility to read the database file.

zdump?

Examples here:

http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/faq/#The-date-command-is-not-working-right_002e

Bob