Old 12-16-2010, 04:39 AM
Jerome BENOIT

Default How to change security option for usb stick automatic mounting?

On 16/12/10 13:28, gulfstream wrote:

If I mount the usb stick manual, the fstab will take effect. But
automatic mounting need not this file. System find usb stick and mount
it automatic. I do not find which file control it.

One possibility is to give a name to your USB stuff, then at mount stage fstab will checked.
If an entry exist for your USB dev in /etc/fstab , for example

/dev/card /media/card vfat users,uid=65534,gid=6,umask=007,noauto 0 0

then your USB stuff will be mounted accordingly.

You may want to write with udev rule to identify your USB.

Jerome

gulfstream

2010/12/16 Jerome BENOIT <g6299304p@rezozer.net
<mailto:g6299304p@rezozer.net>>

Hi,

you can configure it as root in /etc/fstab

see fstab(5) and mount(8)

Jerome