Old 12-16-2010, 12:16 AM
gulfstream

Default Can not set execute permission to file in usb storage media with fat32 format

Hello everybody!

I want to execute some script file in usb storage media with fat32 format, but I can not set execute permission to them with "chown +x". What shall I do?

Thank you!

gulfstream

Old 12-16-2010, 12:20 AM
Slicky Johnson

On Thu, 16 Dec 2010 09:16:11 +0800
gulfstream <gulfstream.wang@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everybody!
>
> I want to execute some script file in usb storage media with fat32
> format, but I can not set execute permission to them with "chown +x".
> What shall I do?
>
> Thank you!
>

> gulfstream

Who's the owner if the storage media?
ls -l /mount/point

Old 12-16-2010, 12:31 AM
gulfstream

The owner is the user who want to execute script, and root can not set execute permission yet.