Old 02-03-2008, 08:14 PM
"Douglas A. Tutty"

Default Modem in Debian

On Sun, Feb 03, 2008 at 08:16:57PM +0000, Pantor wrote:
> there is a modem plugged to PCI slot and no idea what to do with it.
> Any suggestions, advices, please.

Use it to dialup into the internet like real people

(Duck).

---

Use it to dial into your other box's modem when you change houses?

---

String some telephone wire between your house and your neighbour's with
high-speed internet when your house is too far from the telco for 56K.

---

Moan to the money person in the house that it's lights don't work, then
go out and buy a USR Courier external serial.

---

Save it for your kids. Say: this is how we used to call into Bulletin
Board Services to exchange mail.

---

Seriously, what would you like to use it for? Send faxes, dial your
kids's cell phone at midnight?

Doug.

Old 02-03-2008, 08:30 PM
Pantor

[...]