Old 02-03-2008, 03:40 PM
Jude DaShiell

Default localhost prefixing problem

I tried using exim4 and alpine to send a piece of email from one account
to another. I suppose I ought to have given this machine the same domain
name as verizon.net rather than left it at localhost since even with
address header rewriting localhost is being prefixed to the proper verizon
header and verizon as well as the rest of the internet is quite correctly
refusing this incorrect address. Do other more reasonable possibilities
for clearing this problem exist?

Old 02-08-2008, 08:02 AM
Chris Bannister

On Sun, Feb 03, 2008 at 10:40:27AM -0600, Jude DaShiell wrote:
> I tried using exim4 and alpine to send a piece of email from one account to
> another. I suppose I ought to have given this machine the same domain name
> as verizon.net rather than left it at localhost since even with address
> header rewriting localhost is being prefixed to the proper verizon header
> and verizon as well as the rest of the internet is quite correctly refusing
> this incorrect address. Do other more reasonable possibilities for
> clearing this problem exist?

Have you a sample refused mail you could post. Have you set up
/etc/email-addresses correctly?

--
Chris.
======