Old 02-02-2008, 11:19 PM
Davide Mancusi

Default multiple qc-usb drivers?

Hi all,

I own a Logitech Quickcam Messenger (a webcam) which works fine using
the qc-usb drivers at [1]. As far as I understand, however, there are
many forks of the qc-usb project, one of which being the version
included in the Debian archive [2]. Another fork can be found at [3].

Needless to say, my webcam works with [1], but does not with [2] or [3].

At the moment I am compiling and installing the kernel modules by hand,
but by and large I would prefer to use m-a and apt for the task. Is
there any way to do this? Note that I would not be able to make a Debian
package out of the module sources.

Thanks for the help!

Davide

[1] http://home.mag.cx/messenger/
[2] http://qce-ga.sourceforge.net/
[3] http://tuukkat.awardspace.com/quickcam/quickcam.html

--
A tautology is a thing which is tautological.