Old 11-23-2010, 10:42 PM
Gary Roach

Default Unable to download tar.gz file with iceweasel

Iceweasel 3.5.15 has been running on a Debian Squeeze system for ever,
with no problems. I have been trying to download FreeFileSync_xxx_tar.gz
for Ubuntu from Sourceforge.net. Each time I try the download window
opens normally and the load indicators work normally. When the loading
finishes the system just sits there. The file isn't copied to my
download directory. I have done an updatedb and locate freefile
(FreeFile, FreeFileSync, freefilesync) several times The file is not on
the system. Any other file type seems to work OK. I tried switching to
"Always Ask Me Where To Save File'. Nothing happens with tar.gz. Other
file types work fine. If I click on the Download Window and pick open a
screen pops asking me to pick a program with which to open the file.

Any ideas what is going on here. I tried reinstalling iceweasel to no avail.

Gary R.

Archive: 4CEC5148.80409@verizon.net">http://lists.debian.org/4CEC5148.80409@verizon.net

Old 11-24-2010, 06:34 AM
Camaleón

On Tue, 23 Nov 2010 15:42:00 -0800, Gary Roach wrote:

> Iceweasel 3.5.15 has been running on a Debian Squeeze system for ever,
> with no problems. I have been trying to download FreeFileSync_xxx_tar.gz
> for Ubuntu from Sourceforge.net. Each time I try the download window
> opens normally and the load indicators work normally. When the loading
> finishes the system just sits there. The file isn't copied to my
> download directory. I have done an updatedb and locate freefile
> (FreeFile, FreeFileSync, freefilesync) several times The file is not on
> the system. Any other file type seems to work OK. I tried switching to
> "Always Ask Me Where To Save File'. Nothing happens with tar.gz. Other
> file types work fine. If I click on the Download Window and pick open a
> screen pops asking me to pick a program with which to open the file.
>
> Any ideas what is going on here. I tried reinstalling iceweasel to no
> avail.

Can you open/locate the file using the download manager?

You can also give a chance to these tips:

Unable to download or save files
http://support.mozilla.com/es/kb/Unable%20to%20download%20or%20save%20files?bl=n

If none works, try to start Iceweasel with an empty profile (move/rename
your current user "~/.mozilla" folder to "~/.mozilla_old" and launch the
browser).

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 11-24-2010, 07:47 AM
Andrei Popescu

On Ma, 23 nov 10, 15:42:00, Gary Roach wrote:
> Iceweasel 3.5.15 has been running on a Debian Squeeze system for
> ever, with no problems. I have been trying to download
> FreeFileSync_xxx_tar.gz for Ubuntu from Sourceforge.net. Each time I
> try the download window opens normally and the load indicators work
> normally. When the loading finishes the system just sits there. The

I'd try 'wget http://....'

Regards,
Andrei